All you need to develop your confidence to deliver coaching that transforms the lives of your clients, peers or those you manage. Feel supported with all the tools you need to become a credentialed coach with our accreditated coach development programme.
The programme is delivered either as a blended learning approach and also fully online as a virtual programme. Our blended approach currently run in the UAE and UK only. The virtual programme is offered internationally.
Our flagship coach development programme, the Certificate in Professional Coaching was developed to give aspirant coaches all the tools they need to be confident in transforming others lives and to start their journey towards becoming a fully credentialed coach.
Accredited by the International Coaching Federation (ICF), students develop the skills and abilities to become certified coaches via 6 modules over a minimum period of 6 months.
The online version of our certification teaches skills aligned with the International Coaching Federation (ICF) core competencies and includes:
- 79 coach specific training hours, including
- 63 hours of live facilitated workshops and
- 16 hours of self-study (asynchronous activities)
- Includes 10 hours of coach mentoring
- Coaching practice sessions and partner work
- Business skills to launch your new coaching career
- Access to our transformational community of coaches, Basecamp
- Supported by our online learning platform (whether delivered in-person or online)
Delivered over 6 months via 6 online modules, our Certificate in Professional Coaching continues to create the transformational impact our community of alumni have experienced since 2016.
Whether delivered online or in-person, our courses are interactive and engaging, including opportunities for discussion, small group breakouts and coaching practice.
Our training is delivered as a mix of facilitation, lectures, demonstrations, pair work and feedback, and practice coaching sessions. We place great emphasis on practicing the skills that are taught in each session so the facilitator can give feedback and assistance in a safe environment.
Each student is also paired with a mentor throughout the course, and beyond, to support your development as a coach. Group mentor sessions take place on a monthly basis.
Who Should Take This Course?
- Aspirant coaches – Those who are looking to help others achieve their goals and dreams. The course will equip you with the right tools to do this.
- Coaches yet to be credentialed – You have been working as a coach and want to take it to the next level. Find the right tools to help you develop your craft, enhance your offering and get credentialed.
- HR professionals – Coaching can provide invaluable skills to HR professionals. Go further in your career, resolve challenges, inspire those working in your team, find greater purpose in your role.
- Leaders of teams – Gain clarity for your vision. Strengthen your goals by building a grander vision. Inspire and lead yourself and others to achieve greatness.
- Seekers for a life that has meaning – You’re at a point in life where you’re asking, “Is there more to life than this?” You’ve been climbing a ladder leant against the wrong wall and you’re beginning to recognise this.
The initial module lays the foundations of the North Point Academy transformational approach and philosophy.
Topics include the definition of coaching, the importance of vulnerability in coaching, worldviews and the North Point Meta-Model, which is the basis of all of NPA models.
- Unit 1 – What is (and isn’t) Coaching
- Unit 2 – Coaching and Worldviews
- Unit 3 – The North Point Meta-model (NPM)
- Unit 4 – Intimacy and Vulnerability
In this module, students will learn the core skills and principles of coaching and begin applying these skills in practical coaching sessions. By the end of the module, students will have coaching tools to develop deeper, more meaningful relationships for being a positive change for the world.
The content includes the conversational skills of coaching, such as active listening and powerful questioning, as well as introducing students to our Goal Creation Process and The Journey coaching model.
- Unit 1 – Framing Tools
- Unit 2 – Active Listening
- Unit 3 – Powerful Questions
- Unit 4 – The Conversational Model
- Unit 5 – Goal Creation
- Unit 6 – The Journey Coaching Model
- Unit 7 – The Journey Practice Sessions
Starting with a deep dive into the important topic of coaching ethics, the Traverse Module focuses on the practical skills of taking clients through a set of coaching engagements – the coaching journey – starting with the initial session and finishing with the closing session and how to find clients.
Split into two parts, the first part takes place after the Approach module and the second part is completed after the Ascend module at which time we encourage students to start preparing for their graduation project by starting to work with a pro-bono client, if they haven’t already done so.
- Unit 1 – Coaching Ethics
- Unit 2 – The Initial Session
- Unit 3 – Establishing a Coaching Agreement
- Unit 4 – The Standard Session
- Unit 5 – Maintaining Client Accountability
- Unit 6 – Working with Client Patterns
- Unit 7 – The Closing Session
- Unit 8 – Finding Clients
The intention of this module is to deepen the student’s coaching knowledge and practice by exploring values and beliefs and introducing powerful coaching tools to assist us and our clients.
These sessions build on the core coaching skills training learned in the previous modules, Coaching Practice Groups and Self-Study that has been completed up to this point.
- Unit 1 – Values
- Unit 2 – Values Coaching Practice
- Unit 3 – The NPM at a Deeper level (Beliefs)
- Unit 4 – The NPM at a Deeper level Coaching Practice
- Unit 5 – Coaching Tools
- Unit 6 – The Impact Ladder
The final module prepares students to become North Point Academy Coaches. Students will explore various niches and be able to identify potential niches and tools to empower them to become successful NPA Coaches, wherever they choose to coach.
- Unit 1 – Introduction to Niches
- Unit 2 – Example Coaching Niche 1
- Unit 3 – Example Coaching Niche 2
- Unit 4 – Becoming an NPA Coach
In between each of the training sessions, reading and homework assignments will be set in order to reflect on the topic and to prepare for the next training session.
Students are required to take part in weekly coaching practice groups with their fellow students. Over the course of 16 weeks the expectation is to complete at least 12 coaching sessions both as a coach and as a coachee and giving / receiving feedback on coaching
We encourage students to complete learning logs after trainings and coaching practice sessions.
We recommend that student’s spend approximately 2 -3 hours per week on self-study and coaching practice.
There are 10 coach-mentor sessions included in our Certificate in Professional Coaching programme. This is divided into 3 individual sessions and 7 group sessions.
(Mentor sessions are valid for 24 months from the completion of your coach-training programme)
Most of our mentors hold a PCC credential. All of our coach-mentors hold at least an ACC (Associate Credentialed Coach) level of ICF credential or above (and in the case of ACC, have done for at least 3 years) as per the ICF requirements for coach-mentors.
A mix of small group and individual sessions, the content of the coach-mentor sessions depends on the specific goals, learning needs and challenges set by the mentee(s). The mentor will spend time discussing the self-study aspects of the course, as well as observing coaching sessions in order to give feedback.
There are two parts to the coaching project.
- Pro-bono coaching project: 6 hours of coaching with a client and a completed reflective coaching log demonstrating your growth as a coach over the coaching series
- Submission of a recording for assessment.
At this point, on passing their assessment, students will gain their certificate and access to the full NPA alumni community.
Student Access to Basecamp Coaching Community
From the point of sign-up to the programme up to the end of the training course, students will have free access to our paid coaching membership Basecamp.
The Basecamp community has the following features and benefits:
- Ever evolving self-learn trainings on coaching and business related topics
- Coaching practice sessions
- Guest Expert Talks
- Weekly Coaching Clincs
- Private Discord server and Facebook group for discussions
- Option to join the Basecamp community for a Lifetime alumni rate on completion of course
- … and many more goodies!
Secure Your Spot Now!
Pay In Full at $5,500 or ask us for payment options